Children’s creativity is connected to self-expression and learning through play all five Learning Outcomes in the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and highlights creativity as an important learning disposition that impacts on learning throughout life.
Aspects of creativity are woven through the curriculum and influences children’s use of materials and resources.
Our program aims to support children’s
- imagination and creating roles, scripts and ideas
- sharing stories and symbols of their culture
- re-enacting stories
- using the creative arts such as drawing, painting, sculpture, drama, dance, movement, music and storytelling to express ideas and make meaning
- experimenting with ways of expressing ideas and meaning using a range of media
- beginning to use images and approximations of letters and words to convey meaning